Match Page - Scoreboard
Match Page - Fixed Scoreboard
Match Centre - Preview - Current Standing A v B
Match Centre - Preview - H2H
Match Centre - Preview - Form Guide
Match Centre - Preview - Last Three Meetings
Season so far
Match Centre - Preview - Season So Far A v B
Match Centre - Preview - Tournament Record (Team A)
Match Centre - Preview - Tournament Record (Team B)
Scarlets look for their second win of the EPCR Challenge Cup campaign as they go up against another Round 1 winner in Toyota Cheetahs at Stadio Sergio Lanfranchi in Parma.
The Welsh side romped to an impressive 39-7 triumph over Aviron Bayonnais in Round 1, running in five tries at Parc y Scarlets.
Toyota Cheetahs won 21-16 at Section Paloise as they underlined the physicality they will bring to the EPCR Challenge Cup in their debut campaign.
The Pool B clash kicks off at 15:15 (UK & Irish time) on Saturday and can be watched on SuperSport, Viaplay-Premier Sports, and FloRugby.
— EPCR Challenge Cup (@ChallengeCup_) December 15, 2022
Scarlets head coach Dwayne Peel: “We watched Cheetahs and we know from their time in the URC (United Rugby Championship) that they’ll be physical. They’ve got a point to prove as well.
“In this competition it’s a great opportunity for them travelling over here and being on tour. You get that sort of bond and tightness when you’re on tour. For us, it’s a big challenge next week to face them. It’s another big game, but an important one for us.
- Cheetahs beat seven defenders in the win against Section Paloise – the joint fewest of the round.
- No.8 Friedle Olivier made more carries in the first round than any other player (21), and more metres in contact than any other forward (27).
- Daniel Maartens won three turnovers, as many as any other player, in the opening round: one jackal penalty, one jackal turnover, and a counter ruck.
- Frans Steyn made the most kicking metres in Round 1 (536).
- Scarlets made more metres in contact than any other team in Round 1 (131) and had the second-best gainline success of the round (59 per cent) during their victory over Aviron Bayonnais. They also made a round-high 13 clean breaks.
- They scored two tries in the first ten minutes of their opening fixture.
- Ryan Conbeer made more metres in contact in Round 1 than any other player (27).
Match Centre - Preview - Lineups
Scarlets made it two out of two in the EPCR Challenge Cup with an impressive 45-26 win over Toyota Cheetahs in Parma on Saturday.
It was Toyota Cheetahs who were the first to get up and running, Munier Hartzenberg scoring their first try inside three minutes.
Scarlets’ Sam Costelow struck back with a penalty three minutes later, and then a beautifully worked try from Steff Evans put the Welsh region ahead.
Evans extended Scarlets’ advantage further just seven minutes later, then Ryan Conbeer and Johnny McNicholl added a third and fourth with less than half an hour played.
— EPCR Challenge Cup (@ChallengeCup_) December 17, 2022
A wonderful solo run from Sam Lousi stretched the visitors’ lead shortly before half-time.
Toyota Cheetahs worked hard to get themselves back in it during the second half, notching tries through Reinhardt Fortuin, Daniel Kasende and Friedle Olivier.
But Kemsley Mathias crossed the line in the final few seconds to crown a fine Scarlets win, following up on their crushing Round 1 victory over Aviron Bayonnais.
The two side face off again in Round 3, with Scarlets welcoming the South African outfit to Parc y Scarlets on January 13.